NVP is using NanoMod™ as a base entity to obtain an advanced, nanoparticle based, ADC approach able to significantly reposition and enhance existing cancer therapies.
This is because NanoMod™ provides a unique new nanoparticle encapsulated platform designed to harness and enable vastly superior targeting to tumor and other specific cell surface antigens. Also, unlike other targeted technologies, the ‘payload’ for NanoMod™ can be more easily user selected, including proven cytotoxics, nucleic acid based entities or small molecules, or even any mixture thereof. NanoMod™ technology is subject to broad patent control by NVP.
NanoMod™ may serve as an important new, effective and safe drug delivery platform to initially treat both Ewing sarcoma and human adult leukemia as well as other CD99/CD19 based tumors, via our own in-house candidates and beyond via collaborative programs. Logically the technology is widely applicable to other malignancies and therapeutic or even diagnostic opportunities as further candidate options develop.
Why is NanoMod™ unique?
We already have excellent chemotherapeutic compounds and rich knowledge in their everyday use, plus emerging tumor-specific biologicals. However, the key issues that our approach can clearly address include:
– Improving both efficacy and capability of existing agents in existing settings
– Improving applicability of existing drugs to ‘new cancers’
– Improving management of toxicity
– Improving scheduling practicalities with treatments
– Developing innovative or enhanced methods of delivering potential new entities or treatments either in oncology and other therapeutic areas